Wednesday 11 April 2018

God is everywhere!

Bible Text: (Psalm 139:7-12)

On a bus ride one day I noticed that someone had painstakingly posted stickers of Jesus' pictures on on the interior of the bus.

The stickers were literally everywhere. The beautiful artistic design brought to my mind the depiction of the omnipresence of God. God is everywhere!

The Psalmist illustrates this with his rather unfruitful plan to go away from God's presence.
Up in the Heavens, In the Depths, On the wings of the Dawn, At the Far side of the sea, God is right there to hold us fast.



Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you  


This omnipresence assures us that God is in control of every affair that concerns us. He is right there holding our hands through everything. Never should we feel that we are sailing through this life on our own.
We are fearfully and wonderfully made. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well (Psalm 139:13-14)
This ever present God is the one who knit us together in our mothers womb.

We are the work of his hands. How then can we ever be away from his presence!


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. 

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment