Friday 28 July 2017

Jesus breaks every chain


Bible Text: Psalm 107:13-16

When we watch a documentary and see pictures of the slave trade Era, we see men and women with chains on both hands and feet and another chaining them together. In these conditions they have no will. They do the will of their masters; obeying every command.

Although presently we are not physically chained down, our sinful nature enslaves us. Diseases that do not seem to go away chain us down and prevent us from living a normal life. In the case of addictions, we face withdrawal symptoms when we make a decision to put a stop to the act. Our own body fights itself.

The demon possessed man at the tomb, was however unable to be physically chained, but he was bound by the impure spirit that dwelled in him. This man could not live a normal life. He could not wear clothes or live in a house, his home was the tomb; a very unusual place to be. According to Paul he could not do what he wanted to do. "For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. " (Romans 7:19)

The good news is that Jesus breaks every chain and he did this through his sacrifice on the cross of calvary. In Isaiah we see this proclamation, "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;" (Isaiah 61:1)

Jesus can and will break every chain that binds us. When Jesus sets you free you are free indeed. Addictions, limitations, diseases, problems, all these chains and more will be broken in the name of Jesus.  "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."  (John 8:36)


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. Break every chain in my life. Come and set me free.
And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment