Saturday 7 October 2017

God so loved the World

Bible Text: John 3:16

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them,human beings that you care for them?

(Psalm 8:3-4)

The Psalmist pondered on this same fact, why does God care for us? He draws a comparison between the amazing things God created. The heavens, the moon and the stars. In comparison to these things, what is man that God cares for him.

God's love for us in inexplicable. The worldly kind of love is a give-take-affair. The love the Father has for us is unconditional. He loved us even before we knew Him, for even when we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

This love is what should be seen in his children. The God-kinda-Love. It is often said love can turn the world around, but the world lacks such love. God's love turned our whole lives around, from being condemned to being called the Sons of the Most High.

To be like Jesus, we must love like how he loved. He did not have to do it, he could have called angels to come to his defence, but it was LOVE that kept him on that cross. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? (Matthew 26:53)

Let us exhibit such love, and draw people to God.


He left His Father’s throne above,
So free, so infinite His grace;
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
’Tis mercy all, immense and free;
For, O my God, it found out me.



Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. Let your love be seen in me, help me to love like you do.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment