Thursday 21 December 2017

My cup overflows with blessings

Bible Text: Psalm 23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honour me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. (vs 5)

"There is more from where that came from". We may have heard or said this to someone, perhaps to a little child whose eyes was still wanting more of that toffee you gave. Thats how it is with God. There is more from where that blessing came from.

God is not a one time God. Who blesses us once and thats it. He makes sure that our cup overflows. In Geography when a river overflows its banks, it is when the water it holds is higher than the capacity it can take.

The Psalmist did not have the capacity to contain all the blessings God bestowed upon him. There was no room left, there was an overflow. My cup overflows, my cup runneth over. Our lives as children of God will experience an overflow of God's blessings. He will prepare a table in the presence of our enemies. This is to mean although the enemies sees how blessed we are they cannot hinder this blessing.

To experience an overflow, we must put our trust in this God of Overflows. David despite his tribulations, never gave up on God. His sworn enemy, Saul, on several occasions was a danger to David's life. He devised all schemes to kill David because he saw God was with David. Saul tried to nail David to the wall with his spear. But David dodged it, and Saul’s spear struck the wall. David fled, escaping from Saul that night. (1 Samuel 19:10)Even in the midst of this David experienced an overflow of God's blessings. He escaped death, won battles against his enemies and was King over all Israel.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. Let my cup overflow with blessings, rain down your overflow blessings. 

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment