Thursday 4 January 2018

Go, Make Disciples

Bible Text: Matthew 28:19

The Great Commission has often been misconstrued to be solely directed to Pastors, Bishops, Priests and all other Spiritual Leaders.
This last command of Jesus to His disciples after spending time with them after His resurrection, was to all His disciples, men and women just as we are.

Obedience to the Great Commission signifies our response as true workmen in God's Kingdom.
Christ has redeemed us and set us free from the chords of death, and we are then to go forth and preach this Good news to those who are perishing. We have freely received and therefore we must freely give.

The Great commission should be the foundation of all believers. Our lives must be lived in a such manner as to draw people to God. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. (1 Peter 2:12)

To fulfil the Great commission we must make a conscious effort to speak of Christ and His sacrifice for our sins on the Cross of Calvary. We must speak of Him as the only Way to the Father. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

We must also speak of obedience to God as a mark of a true believer. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." (John 14:21)

Jesus who gave us this command has promised to always be with us, day by day even to the end of time. He is with us to be our strength, our guide, our protector, our provider and our friend even as we obey the Great Commission.


Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,

Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;

Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,

Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. You have saved me and have commissioned me to be a fisher of men. Help me to keep this command even as I await your second coming.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.





Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment