Sunday 14 January 2018

God goes before us

Bible Text: Deuteronomy 31:8

Had I known? If someone had informed me....
We almost always wish we knew the future. What is going to happen next. What will be the outcome of this or that action.

Our God is all knowing. He does not only know our past and present but He knows every intricate and infinitesimal bit of our future. God is everywhere even in our future putting things in the right order for our good.

He knew Pharoah and his men will chase after the Israelites, God then prepared a Red Sea to swallow them up. (Exodus 14)  God knew that Haman will hatch a plan to destroy the Jews, He prepared Esther to be in the position to petition the King on behalf of the Jews. (Esther 8)

How amazing is it to have an All-Knowing God who goes before us to prepare and put things in place. Our future is secure. Fear and Doubt have no room in our lives as we trust in this All-Knowing God.

These words spoken to Joshua by Moses, is for us too. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8) 

I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.




Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. All-knowing God take control of my life, go before me and make all my crooked ways straight. 

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment