Tuesday 2 January 2018

I Am

Bible Text: Exodus 3:14

400 years of slavery under the rule of Pharaoh, the Israelites cried out to God for deliverance.
Moses had been born during the time hebrew male children were being killed based on the order of Pharaoh. And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour. (Exodus 1:14)


Israel needed a deliverer. Someone had to demand for the release of the children of Israel. This was not going to be taken lightly by Pharaoh. The Israelites were his major work force in building his empire,  he could not afford to lose them.  Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses. (Exodus 1:11)

After the burning bush encounter, Moses was to go and seek for the freedom of the Israelites from Pharaoh. He needed confidence to approach Pharaoh and the children of Israel. He knew his encounter with Pharaoh was not going to end well. It was normal for him to be afraid. Moses did not know who God was. He did not know who was sending him on this mission, to him it was a suicide mission. He did not know that the One who was sending him was more than able to deliver the children of Israel. 

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. (Exodus 3:14)

I AM. God cannot be described, no human mind can conceive who God is. God is God. This indescribable, unfathomable God was the One with Moses and is the One with you. He says you should tell your Pharaoh that I AM has sent you. 

Through Moses the children of Israel were delivered from the slavery in Egypt. God says I AM. I AM your Deliverer, I AM your Healer, I AM your Saviour, I AM your Protector, I AM your Provider. 


Prayer:
 Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. My I AM. Be the I AM That I AM in my situation and life. 

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment