Monday 22 January 2018

The Lord is my Shepherd

Bible Text: Psalm 23

In life a sense of security is always needed. We always want to know we are safe, that someone cares and has our back. That no matter what, we will be catered for. 

A shepherd provides these care for his sheep; Food, shelter and safety from predators. 
The sheep then says to itself. I have a shepherd; what shall I want.

We have a shepherd who cares for us. His name is Jesus. Not only is he a shepherd but a good shepherd; he laid down his life for us.

With Jesus as our Good Shepherd, we are assured of the following:

1. He makes us to lie down in green pastures 
2. He leads us beside the still waters.
3. He restores our soul
4. He leads us in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
5. His rod and his staff they comfort us
6. He prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
7. He anoints our head with oil; 
8. He causes our cup to run over.
9. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives
10. We will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
(Psalm 23)

 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. (Acts 17:28) This Shepherd, Jesus, is our everything. Without him we cannot do anything. When we have him, we have everything we ever need. He provides all our needs, he gives us peace, he restores us each day, he protects us, he blesses us with good things, he directs our path and many more. With Jesus as our shepherd we have no cause to want, because we have everything we need.  


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. Shepherd of my soul, Let me never forget that I have the Master of the universe as my Shepherd. My great provider and protector.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment