Wednesday 21 February 2018

Ask and It Shall Be Given

Bible Text: Matthew 7:7

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)

God is all-knowing, yet why doesnt he give us what he knows we will ask for?

This is a mind-boggling situation. God knows I need this, and this and that. But why must I ask before He gives it to me?

We ask for what we need, want, desire because it reaffirms our faith in God, our Father.

When we ask God for something, we are telling God : "I know you are Able because you are God"
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? 
Our heavenly father is ready and waiting for us to ask him what we want, need and desire. When we put our trust in him, doing his will and being careful to obey his commands, he will not withhold any good thing from us. There is no need to worry, just ask and believe and you will receive it.
Ask him of what we need today. He is waiting!

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. I lay my request at your feet Lord, Do it all beautifully for me according to your will.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment