Thursday 1 February 2018

Fear Not

Bible Text: Matthew 14:22-33

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” (Matthew 14:29-30)

Everything was going on fine till Peter got afraid. He was walking on water like his Master, Jesus, but something stopped him from continuing on this lovely water walking trip, Fear.

Once his eyes were on Jesus all went well. Then he let his guard down, he was focusing on the wind.

In the midst of chaos when our eyes are fixed on Jesus everything goes on well but the moment our focus shifts and we make the storm our foreground, alas trouble reigns, we begin to sink.


Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’


The Saviour himself has promised to always be with us and rescue us in all situations. Why then do we doubt? Let us set aside all fear and fix our gaze on Jesus. When our gaze is on him, we will be strengthened and he will uphold us and make sure we land safe ashore.



Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. Let my eyes be forever set on you. You are the Master of the Storm, Speak Peace to all situations in my life.
And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.



Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment