Saturday 10 February 2018

Never Stop Praying

Bible Text: 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Never Stop Praying.  (vs 17)

Hannah kept on praying. She faced ridicule at the hands of Peninnah, who had many children unlike Hannah who was childless.  Year after year it was the same—Peninnah would taunt Hannah as they went to the Tabernacle. Each time, Hannah would be reduced to tears and would not even eat. (1 Samuel 1:7)

Each year her story was the same yet she believed in a God who could change her situation. She did not know how he was going to do it but all she knew is that he could give her a son. Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to the Lord.  And she made this vow: “O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you (1 Samuel 1:10-11)

Nothing is too big for God. The entire Universe belongs to Him, what then can you ask of him that he will not give you. Hannah asked for a child and even very specifically a son. When we have faith in God we do not pry general prayers we have the confidence that he can give us exactly what we ask for.

You do not have because you do not ask God. (James 4:2-3)

The able God awaits your requests. Whatever is on your heart, pray about it. Ask the One who can do it for you. Hannah received what she asked for because she believed that the Able God will not fail her.  When Elkanah slept with Hannah, the Lord remembered her plea, and in due time she gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel,[f] for she said, “I asked the Lord for him.” (vs 19-20)


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. I have Confidence in You, Grant me the desires of my heart.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment