Monday 11 September 2017

For I know the plans I have for you

Bible Text: Jeremiah 29:11

 The story of Joseph right from the time he had the dreams of what was to happen, to him being sold into slavery by his brothers, to slavery in Egypt then to being accused of rape by Potiphar's wife, was what one would call a series of unfortunate events. Joseph just could not catch a break!

However hopeless the situation looked it was all God's Grand Plan for Joseph and nothing was going to wreck this plan.
Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21)

Joseph's brother had planned a life of slavery for Joseph as they sold him into slavery but God had planned that Joseph's trip to Egypt was for the deliverance of his people when the time of famine came. (Genesis 47:27-28)

Potiphar's wife planned to ruin Joseph's life because he had not given in to her demand, but God planned that Joseph was to be in prison in order for him to interprete the dreams of Pharaoh's chief cup bearer and chief baker. (Genesis 40) This act eventually led him to interprete Pharaoh's dreams. (Genesis 41). The interpretation of Pharaoh's dreams catapulted him into greater things, Joseph was made ruler of Egypt.

Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has revealed the meaning of the dreams to you, clearly no one else is as intelligent or wise as you are. 40 You will be in charge of my court, and all my people will take orders from you. Only I, sitting on my throne, will have a rank higher than yours.” (Genesis 41:39-40)

God has everything under control. He knows the plans he has for you. These plans are to Prosper you and not for harm. The plans God has for you are to give you hope and a future.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

(Jeremiah 29:11)



Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. You who made the stars and call them each by name, you are my God. I know that you have the whole world in your hands. Help me to trust you and let your will be done.

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.





Amen!







No comments:

Post a Comment