Wednesday 27 September 2017

Possess your Possession

Bible Text: Joshua 21:43

The promises of God for our lives are many but we seem to miss the mark in living these promises.

God had promised the Israelites a land flowing with milk and honey, one that they will get their rest. After hearing reports of those inhabiting the land, they were afraid and doubted God. They gave Moses this account: “We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey!Here is its fruit. 28 But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there. (Numbers 13:27-28)

However Caleb did not see it an impossibility what God had promised. The Nephilim's great size and fortified cities were nothing before an Almighty God. Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.” (Numbers 13:30)

Caleb's faith in God's mighty power set him apart and was the only one aside Joshua to see the promised land.   not one of those who saw my glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. 24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it. (Numbers 14:22-24)

Possessing God's blessings for our lives comes from our faith in God and this faith comes by hearing the Word of God. A life of constant fellowship with our maker builds our faith in Him, which makes all the impossibilities in our lives possible.

To possess we must first know what is ours to possess. We gain this knowledge by reading and obeying the Word of God. God has so much in store for us but its left for us to believe in Him and live according to his commands.  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Put to silence all doubts with the power of God and Possess your possession in faith


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life in your hands. You have great things in store for me. May I possess all these by faith and not doubt you. 

And unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ever ask or think, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment